Endoscopy Clinical Consultant for Medical Device Company
Part-time traveling per diem opportunity available
Are you a current or former endoscopy nurse or provider familiar with MSK injuries that staff suffer while supporting colonoscopy? Are you a leader who enjoys meeting and training new colleagues? Do you like to travel? If so, the per diem Endoscopy Clinical Consultant role may be perfect for you.
The Clinical Consultant is responsible for ensuring that product trials and implementations run smoothly by conducting on-site staff trainings on the device (ColoWrap); monitoring usage and resolving issues during colonoscopies; answering questions from physicians and staff; and providing guidance for product implementation and purchase. This position requires a commitment of four to five continuous days (Monday through Friday) at least one (preferably two) full weeks per month.
ColoWrap is a medical device company whose product mitigates the need for patient handling during colonoscopy, greatly reducing the risk for staff injury. It is a non-invasive device that has been used successfully in over 30,000 procedures.
Location: Flexible (within the continental United States)
Availability and Travel Requirements
· Maintain four to five consecutive days of availability Monday through Friday, at least twice per month and can travel on Sundays, late Friday evenings, or Saturday mornings.
· Live within one hour of a major US airport for air travel needs (including willingness to fly regional jets) and have access to reliable transportation for drivable assignments four hours or less from home.
Job Description Summary
· Travels to healthcare facilities to educate and support staff in ColoWrap patient selection criteria, proper application, troubleshooting, and best practices.
· Coordinates and participates in week-long product trials. This includes observing and providing guidance during colonoscopies and interacting diplomatically with physicians and staff.
· Gathers ColoWrap trial data.
· Employs processes and establishes a culture to ensure appropriate ColoWrap use continues post-trial. This requires continued communication with key stakeholders.
· Advises client on obtaining the product committee approval, purchasing, and implementation processes.
· Documents trial experience for future reference by the company.
· Completes expense and hourly reports as outlined.
· Meets and maintains vendor credentialing requirements with immunizations and related medical requirements.
· Sustains current driver’s license, insurance and acceptable driving record.
· Is willing to submit to a background check, including verification of past employment, criminal history, professional licensure history, drug test, and driving record.
· Current or recent (within the last two years) licensure as a Registered Nurse (Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not necessary).
· Minimum of three years in an endoscopy unit with experience applying manual pressure and repositioning patients during colonoscopy.
· Knowledge of the causes and consequences of MSK injury risk among GI staff.
· Previous experience leading unit improvement initiatives and successfully managing adoption of new methods and policies.
· Formalized end-user education/in-service and trial experience preferred.
· Knowledge of the medical device space and approval and purchase process in a hospital setting.
· High level of initiative, accountability and professionalism. This includes a focus on customer service.
· Exceptional communication, presentation/training, interpersonal relationship, and critical thinking skills.
· Computer literacy: Comfortable with Windows, MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), and networks.
· Experienced in frequent domestic travel and capacity to make and schedule own travel arrangements and other activities.
To be considered for this opportunity, submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org..
ColoWrap, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.