Endoscopy Clinical Consultant for Medical Device Company
Are you a current or former nurse or provider who enjoys meeting and training new colleagues? Do you like to travel? Are you ready to leave bedside care to leverage your knowledge in a new and exciting way? If so, the Clinical Consultant role may be perfect for you.
ColoWrap is searching for a personable, energetic and start-up-minded current or former nurse to join our team as a Clinical Consultant. The Clinical Consultant is responsible for ensuring that product trials and implementations run smoothly by conducting on-site staff trainings on the device (ColoWrap); monitoring usage and resolving issues during colonoscopies; answering questions from physicians and staff; providing guidance for product implementation and purchase; and follow up post-training. When not conducting trials, the consultant is responsible for outreach to current and former accounts to answer questions about usage, advise on patient population, etc.
ColoWrap is a medical device company whose product mitigates the need for patient handling during colonoscopy, greatly reducing the risk for staff injury. It is a non-invasive device that has been used successfully in over 30,000 procedures.
Location: Durham, NC preferred (will consider remote applicants, depending on qualifications)
Job Description Summary
- Travels to healthcare facilities to educate and support staff in ColoWrap patient selection criteria, proper application, troubleshooting, and best practices.
- Coordinates and participates in week-long product trials. This includes observing and providing guidance during colonoscopies and interacting diplomatically with physicians and staff.
- Gathers ColoWrap trial data.
- Employs processes and establishes a culture to ensure appropriate ColoWrap use continues post-trial. This requires continued communication with key stakeholders.
- Advises client on obtaining product committee approval, purchasing, and implementation processes.
- Documents trial experience for future reference by the company.
- Conducts outreach to current and former clients to advise on proper usage.
- Works with Director of Learning and Marketing Manager to create appropriate materials for trials.
- Completes expense and hourly reports as outlined.
- Meets and maintains vendor credentialing requirements with immunizations and related medical requirements.
- Maintains current driver’s license, insurance, and acceptable driving record.
- Is willing to submit to a background check, including verification of past employment, criminal history, professional licensure history, drug test, and driving record.
- Current or recent (within the last two years) licensure as a Registered Nurse (Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not necessary).
- Minimum of three years in an endoscopy unit preferred.
- Knowledge of the causes and consequences of MSK injury risk among endoscopy staff.
- Previous experience leading unit improvement initiatives and successfully managing adoption of new products, methods, and/or policies.
- Formalized end-user education/in-service and trial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the medical device space and approval and purchase process in a hospital setting.
- High level of initiative, accountability, and professionalism. This includes a focus on customer service.
- Highly adaptable to new and unfamiliar situations.
- Exceptional communication, presentation/training, interpersonal relationship, and critical thinking skills.
- Computer literacy: Comfortable with Windows, MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook), and networks.
- Experienced in frequent domestic travel with a capacity to make and schedule own travel arrangements and other activities.
- The consultant will spend 75% of his or her time traveling to hospitals, either locally or out of state.
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Monthly performance-based bonuses.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision.
- Generous time off with paid vacation, sick, and holiday leave.
To be considered for this opportunity, submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
ColoWrap, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, pregnancy, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, service in the uniformed services, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.